Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Disturbing Info

it doesn’t make sense.

I just read this information...

We live in a day and age when ministry materials for children and youth have never been so plentiful, so relevant, so trusted and so utilized by churches like yours across the country. Yet the statistics tell the hard truth – 75 percent of young people will walk away from their faith by the age of 25. Take a look at your youth group. For every four youngsters learning to serve Jesus today, only one will be doing so ten years from now.

ONE in TEN?!!

We need to remember that we are not "doing program" at church, but we are to be loving people, looking to develop relationships, raising children who love the Lord, and continually spending time with the Father so that we can fall in love with Him more and more ourselves.

Imagine...
(http://www.awana.org/homebase/)

2 comments:

justjuls said...

Hi Sandy -
I have enjoyed your comments on my blog - and actually was confusing you with my other friend Sandy!
Nice to meet you -
I was commenting on this post because those statistics are so true - I used to be a youth leader -
But the material most churches use is dummed down to a "Barney" level - and the kids aren't really getting much. The spiritual training at home is definitely lacking as well.
How sad it is.

Melissa said...

I agree 100%. I think we've become so focused on the program, that we have left out a lot of content. I guess it's a reflection on society as a whole, as even I have a hard time staying focused for an hour in church!

BTW, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! It's nice to meet someone new!