Friday, October 06, 2006

Inspire

Our challenge at Scrappy Chatters today is to share about the word Inspire. This word is something that I struggle with... probably because of my own more "realistic" (dare I say negative?) view of the world. Especially during the past few months.

As a Christian, I believe that it is wrong for me to not be inspired... but how can you do that if you do not have hope?

The thing that I have fallen back on is the love and support of friends. THEY are the ones who have inspired me... they believed in me, believed that I was a person of value, and their words of encouragement have inspired me to pick up my feet and move one step further than I thought I could.

In the lowest of times, my children can inspire me with their smile or laughter - they have such a purity in their emotions. It is only as we grow older that we learn to guard ourselves, perhaps even becoming manipulative or deceptive...

I will end with a word to inspire you! Never quit, never let go of your dreams, and never let love grow cold... Your next big thing is just in the horizon so keep on walkin'.

No comments: