Sunday, October 08, 2006

Renewal

I do not know where Elizabeth is getting these words!

Renewal -- this is something that we all need... I need to have my mind renewed daily (that's what the Bible says), and I need to have my spirit refreshed.

Renewal is a sloughing off of the old and a putting on of something fresh. This is what we do when we exfoliate and clean our face - our skin is the largest organ in the body and it is constantly renewing itself - but we do not SEE that new, fresh, pretty skin unless we scrub off the old, dead skin. This would be a good analogy for us to remember. We cannot SEE that we have the spirit of Christ in us UNLESS we get rid of all those sinful habits. Is that easy? Goodness no! But we are to spend our lives here on earth with the goal of becoming more Christ-like each day. So set your sights high, keep your standards lofty, and aim for the stars! With God on our side, we can make it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love what you have had to say about the words I have chosen. Very personal - and that is what I wanted to see. You are doing a great job. Be encouraged my friend!

Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year!