Thursday, August 31, 2006

Rainy days

Well, today has been a pretty steady downpouring of rain and a gray cloudy day outside. It doesn't matter since I haven't had to BE anywhere. For that, I am thankful. I was out of town for 2 days and staying busy. I'm feeling some better. Since I attended the High School Open House tonight, I was reminded of my daughter's absence - the choir sang the National Anthem and they sounded so good, as usual! I remembered last year's Open House when I walked around with her and visited all of her teachers who always have had wonderful things to say about her.
I was able to meet a new teacher this year. An art teacher who says my child is very talented and that she will be pushing her to create outside her comfort zone; I re-met the Latin teacher who always has a lot of information; of course, the choir teacher and assistant; and finally a re-meeting with the math teacher who summarized how the semester would unfold. I think that three of these classes are okay (math always has lots of home/practice work) but the english class will require a lot more effort.
Am preparing for a birthday weekend as we take Labor Day weekend off! Hooray for ALL holidays!!

No comments: