Friday, August 25, 2006

Tired...

Well, we returned home last night after an exhausting 2 days to help move one of my girls into her dormitory. The weather was HOT and humid; she was up 3 flights of narrow stairs (crowded with other students, dads, and family!); we had more shopping to do and then all the electrical and computer cords and wiring! It was a full and successful time. We spent the night with good friends, who we then took out to breakfast the next morning. Then to make a bank deposit for daughter, and then out to lunch before another trip to Walmart and Lowe's. Last minute things, you know!
I'm already planning another trip down on Monday, perhaps with two of the grandparents. It is still 4 days before classes start, but they are going to be busy with team-building exercises and ropes courses, all things designed to get the kids bonded and knowing each other before school starts. I'm excited for her, as well as anxious. I know that it will be harder than she expects and it will be more fun than she can imagine. I'm also sad for myself, as I have another one that is leaving the nesting area of my wing-span! It's a hard thing. As we move through the transitions that God has laid out for us, He is always there, but I'm not always open to talking. It is a problem when I'm depressed.
Anyway, just wanted to post an update.

No comments: