Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday Smiling

I have to say that today has been a much better day... even though I was dreading it and woke up about 5:00 a.m... I had told one of my daughters on Saturday afternoon that I was planning to go to church even though I didn't want to... maybe just saying it out loud helped me push through the painful anticipation.
Sunday School was good, but another hard lesson from Romans. Kinda weird, talking about Rejoicing in our sufferings because it produces in us perseverance, then character, and then hope. I mean, who needs character anyway?!! Wow. God's Word is always so powerful. I don't know why I struggle so much reading His Word or talking to Him when I'm feeling so down and depressed. Logically, I KNOW these things, but my feelings just overpower my good sense sometimes. That's why it is so good to have a godly husband and godly friends to pray for you and lift you up. Anyway - if you want to read some of this deep-ness, Romans 5 is the location.
And then tonight, we had a Ministry Fair at our church and it was so good to be doing something useful. I almost felt like my normal self. Oh I'll be so glad when this latest valley is a faint memory.
Hope you had a good weekend as well. Chat with you soon.

No comments: